Web based content management solution for the IBM i. iView performs content management functions to enable the capture, storage, indexing and retrieval of spool files, merged documents and scanned forms so they are accessible via a web browser by anyone, anywhere, anytime.
Web based content management solution for the IBM i
iView performs content management functions to enable the capture, storage, indexing and retrieval of spool files, merged documents and scanned forms so they are accessible via a web browser by anyone, anywhere, anytime. The iView archive engine automatically captures spool files with user defined bursting conditions, search indexes, and sorting sequences allowing user-defined sorting of the forms and reports. It eliminates the time and cost of storing, retrieving and sharing documents generated in an iSeries, System i or IBM i environment.
Key Benefits of iView:
- Streamlines collaborative processes with easy-to-access central repository for both electronic and scanned documents
- Integrates into IFD’s modular iDocs document management system: Sign, Scan, Archive, Email, Print, Report Management, Distribute etc.
- Native iSeries – System i archive-retrieval processing increases security and speed over downloading to a PC or Secondary server
- Automated rules engine provides unassisted spool file and scanned document processing
- Improves security with password control for access to documents and virtual folders
- Virtual Folders can be defined to control user access to documents based on document content – thus increasing security and flexibility
- Web browser interface so users can search on spool file content or up to 20 indices for stored documents
- No client software to install – works with Internet Explorer
- Users and developers can integrate iView into in-house software solutions using available APIs
- Documents are captured, and then stored in Adobes’x popular PDF format directly on the iSeries host