Written by Ken Kramer. Posted in BPM and Workflow, Terminology
Intelligent Business Process Management System (iBPMS) is a term that defines the latest generation of enterprise Business Process Management (BPM), leveraging newer technological advances to attain optimal operational responsiveness and efficiency just not possible with yesterday’s business process or workflow software platform.
Today, companies of all types and sizes want faster and better insight into their operations and overall process. This growing demand for operational intelligence and information has given rise to a new, “intelligent” variety of business process management suites (BPMSs).
An intelligent BPM suite provides the framework, features and functionality required to support more intelligent business operations, including real-time analytics, extensive complex event processing (CEP) and business activity monitoring (BAM) technologies and enhanced mobile, social and collaborative capabilities.
Dubbed ‘iBPMS” by Gartner, who describes the intelligent BPM Suite as having 10 core components:
- A process orchestration engine
- A model-driven composition environment
- Content interaction management
- Human interaction management
- Active analytics (sometimes called continuous intelligence)
- On-demand analytics
- Business rules management (BRM)
- Management and administration for the suite’s technical aspects
- A process component registry/repository
An example of an iBPMS is K2 blackpearl.
Read more on Intelligent Business Process Management Suites(iBPMS)