AS400/iSeries Spool Files to PDF
System i and Power Systems NATIVE PCL to PDF converter for Spool Files. iPDF converts standard HP Laserjet output (Printer Control Language) into the popular Adobe PDF (Portable Document Format). IBM native conversion eliminates the need to download to a PC (or secondary server) to process PDF files, thus improving security and speed of PDF document conversion. Much more than a simple conversion tool, iPDF enables report distribution, PDF document archival and retrieval, bursting, sorting and outputting PDF reports and custom business forms in the open PDF standard where they can be easily viewed using the free Acrobat Reader.
Key Benefits of iPDF:
- Native conversion leverages the power of your iSeries investment and eliminates need to download to a PC or secondary server – delivering more security and faster processing of documents and reports
- Fully automated processing, there is no need for any manual intervention
- iPDF integrates with other companion modules to provide the ultimate distribution tool through fax, email, the IFS (Internal File System), or an external server repository for private secured convenient retrieval
- Improves cash flow: speeds invoices and other transactional documents via the Internet, reducing costs associated with paper-based document distribution, including storage, loading, postage/shipping, waste.
- Payback period can be 6 to 12 months with the investment fully paid back in the first year
Additional Benefits of Spool to PDF:
- Easy to install using streamlined iSeries – System i native one-screen setup
- Easily understood menu interface is intuitive for IBM iSeries and System i users
- AS400 PDF documents are text conversions so all text is searchable
- Interactive user interface to easily browse System i spool files
- Automated engine monitors for newly arriving spool files and converts them to PDF to load on the IFS
- AS400 PDF files can attach to inFORM’s iMail (email), inFORM’s iView (archive retrieval) or other proprietary email or document archival solutions on the market
- Usable with all iSeries, System i and Power Server accounting/ERP solutions including JD Edwards, Mapics, Lawson, HTE, SAP, ORACLE, Computer Guidance, Optimum, Metalware, Pansophic, DCMS, PRMS, Infinium … all software applications that generate spool files
- Integrates with most competitive Document Management solutions on the marketplace
- Users and developers can integrate iPDF into in-house software solutions using available APIs
- On-line documentation and reference materials immediately available with Dokuwiki technology
- Dedicated support line and staff exists for all inFORM products
- Lessens pressure on forests
Features for Spooling to PDF
- Converts IBM AS400/iSeries spool files into Adobe PDF
- Converts *SCS or *USERASCII (pcl 5e) documents into Adobe PDF format
- Uses green screen spool file and Output Queue browser to easily select documents for conversion
- Executes natively on the OS/400, i5/OS and IBM i operating systems
- Supports all widely-used PCL and GL/2 op-codes for PCL 5e
- Spool files and merged documents converted into text searchable documents
- No java — conversions are quick and clean.
- When integrated with inFORM’s iDocs TM , PDF documents can be burst, sorted collated and routed to email recipients or posted to a storage location for web access.
- Uses PDF/A, an industry-wide version of PDF that conforms to archival standards
- Multiple PDF files can be attached to outbound emails with iMail
- Integrates with inFORM’s SmartRouter to facilitate, accelerate and automate invoicing and other business document applications via self-service web portals or email distribution
Want to see more?