Accounting Digital Transformation: Capture + Workflow
The New Way to Crunch Numbers
Walk into any accounting department today and you are sure to see piles of paper and file cabinets. Most of the paper is bound to the AP, or accounts payable process. Throughout the month, invoices flood in from a variety of vendors seeking payment, and the paper plague never ends. Adding to the problem is that the AP process doesn’t just deal with paper. Some will send invoices as email attachments, others may fax them in. Managing all these inputs, and processing/extracting information is painful at best. So here are the core problems:
- Multi-channel Input – invoices as paper, email and fax.
- Conversion – the need to convert all inputs to a single document format
- Invoice Data Extraction – the need to automatically extract information
- Approvals – the requirement to route invoices for approvals
- Integration – pushing and pulling data to/from accounting systems
So what is required to accomplish all this? Utilizing iCapture and iWorkflow combined can drive great efficiency and automation from start to finish of your AP invoice processing. Here are the benefits:
- Scan and capture invoices from desktop scanners, copiers and import from folders
- Automatically split and extract invoice header and line item data
- Send data and invoices to your accounting system, document management system or iWorkflow
- Route invoices for approvals
- Build business rules for approval routing
- Easy to use forms and mobile enabled
Want to learn more and see a demo? Contact us today.