Legal and Document Capture: 5 Key Features
5 Features Every Law Firm Can Leverage
In this day and age, law firms and legal departments are looking to technology for the edge in any legal matter. Whether it is the eDiscovery process, or just the task of scanning and performing OCR on a large volume of documents from opposing counsel, document capture applications can provide powerful, time-saving tools. Below are some key features:
- Automated Classification – with classification, documents can be automatically tagged and routed based on content or key identifying text. You can look for individual words, combinations, or even complex patterns. This provides a massive time savings, as well as an automated method of getting only the required documents to review.
- Key Data Extraction – Looking for that needle in a haystack? With Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and pattern matching, you can now pull critical case information from a document automatically, and output to a variety of formats.
- Fast OCR=Quick Searching – a semi-full of documents in boxes? No problem, with our production OCR engine, you can convert large volumes at 10-15x that of standard desktop OCR applications.
- Auto-Filing – with intelligent processing and routing, you can send only those documents that meet your rules or criteria to specific locations, allowing for rapid review.
- Digital or Paper Documents – with advanced capture, you can process legal documents from CD, a hard drive, and any other digital source. You can quickly switch back and forth between digital and a scanner for paper processing.
This is just a short list, and there are way too many features to include (redaction, bates stamping, etc.).