What is Your Digital Strategy?
Report: Digital Transformation Success and Failure
Over the weekend, I ran across this great set of stats provided by the Sloan MIT Management Review and Capgemini Consulting. They interviewed almost 1600 executives and managers across a wide variety of industries, and found some interesting results concerning the transition to a digital workplace and digital strategy.
Below are some key highlights and core findings:
- There is consensus that adopting digital business process is critical to organization success. Executives and managers are all in agreement that they must all be in sync on the digital transformation journey, and modernize process and core business functions.
- The majority of employees find the transition process difficult, complex and way too slow. Employees and management are typically frustrated with the lack of progress and a missing sense or urgency.
- Companies who succeed have a comprehensive strategy. Successful, transformative leaders share a complete digital vision, provide a roadmap for success, reward employees and distribute authority for implementation.
Here are some great stats as well:
- 63% of respondents say the pace of technology change is too slow.
- 93% of employees believe digital transformation is the right path.
- Most agree transformation must happen within a 2 year time frame.
- The top obstacle to success is a “lack of urgency”.
So how do you become a digital business? There are many paths through our technical solutions:
- Document Capture – provides a seamless way to digitize your incoming paper documents. This can be accomplished with iCapture Document Capture Software.
- Digital Process – digitizing your workflow with a business process management solution can be a key facet of any digital strategy. See our workflow software.
- Digital Forms – digitizing any form can provide great efficiency and help automate process. See our forms solutions: iForms and K2 Forms.
- iSeries Automation – Automating iSeries and AS400 processes can be challenging, but can provide powerful productivity gains. See our iSeries Forms Software and Document Management Solutions.
For more info, here is a link to the research: Embracing Digital Technology
For more on Paper to Digital transformation, see: The Evolution of Business Process